GUADEC 2017: My Experience with EvolutionWritten on July 27th, 2017 by Raniere Silva
In a previous post, I talked about e-mail client that I used. At the current moment, I’m using Evolution, Gnome’s official “personal information management application that provides integrated mail, calendaring and address book functionality”, for more than half-year and there are some things that annoys me very much.
Before I start list all the things that make me unhappy when using Evolution, I need to say that I understand how complex a personal information management.
Most of the time I want to past things “as text” but there is not short cut for it.
Note: This was reported as Bug 776813.
- Sometimes editing the content of the previous message make it messy.
- Sometimes undo doesn’t work.
- Number of characters for word wrapping break links.
- Can’t edit template used for reply and forward.
- Tab key don’t increase list level.
- Can’t edit HTML direct.
Send Account Overrides
I think this is what I was looking for a long time but I couldn’t figure out how it works.
- The fields that are being use for the search are hidden. Would be great to have them visible.
Would be great to archive threads instead of emails.
Note: I don’t know if other e-mail clients have this feature.